Tuesday, April 24, 2007

To Blog Or Not To Blog?

Well I can't believe that I finally started blogging. I never really understood why one would want to poor their soul out to the world wide web but I've learned that it's a great tool for advertising your business and keeping people up to date. We'll see just how great a tool as I plug along.
I guess I should start out by telling you a little about me and my business. My name is Winnie Bahr and I live in the heart of the Midwest, St. Louis, MO. Now I know you might ask yourself why is your business name Alexandra's Jewelry when your name is Winnie? Well what does one picture when they hear Winnie's Jewelry? Does it make you think of classic and elegant designs? Well it didn't do that for me so I chose my daughter's name instead. Alexandra sounds very regal to me so the imagery worked. I also laughingly call my business my daughter's college fund. Yikes!
I got started making jewelry over 12 years ago and over the years have tried many styles of jewelry. In the last year or so I was introduced to wire jewelry and fell in love. Last year I attended William Holland's Lapidary School in Young Harris, GA for a wire class and I'm sure I'll never stop. I'm going back again this summer. I would love to learn metalsmithing but the classes were full already this year. Maybe next year. I love natural stones and look for the most unique stones I can find. After all I want my pieces to all be one of a kinds that just make you jump up and buy them. LOL
Hopefully you'll enjoy reading about me and what I'm up to. I have no idea what I'm doing so technical issues will be rampant but I'll keep trying to learn more and hopefully you'll bear with me.
Thanks for reading,
Winnie

7 comments:

shopPOPKO said...

this looks great so far! i chose the same template for my blog, so im partial! im new to blogging too, so its good to see someone else in the same boat.
cp

Brezomayo Designs said...

looking good so far!!! I'm new to blogspot as well! (found you on etsy)

BN Farrington said...

Looking good!

Steph said...

Look's great Winnie! I just started mine a couple months ago and am finding it almost as addicting as Etsy!

sweet.annie.jeanne said...

blogging is good for the creative soul it doesnt even matter who else reads. its just good to write and journal...annie

Sandra Eileen said...

I never, ever thought I would either, but here I am, and I read other people's and comment and look at their shops, so I guess it works.

Unknown said...

Great job Winnie. i'll have to try this one day. maybe this summer when I am off from work. Thanks for sharing your display ideas.